Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pregnancy and Morning Sickness...

Now, it's been almost a year since I've been pregnant, and, probably a year and a half since I've experienced morning sickness... However, I'm catching something now that left me ill today, and a time tested trick to helping nausea when I was pregnant came in use.

For those pregnant mommies or mommy-to-be's... Ginger drops and saltines are amazing! Today I pulled out some of my old ginger hard candies that I had from when I was pregnant and they still work, so it's not just for the pregnant woman!

If you suffer from true morning sickness in the early hours of the day, the best solution I found out, and many others confirmed, was to keep a box of saltines next to your bed and eat a few before you even take a step out of bed. It helps settle your stomach before you get moving and the nauseousness sets in.

When you start feeling sick later in the day, ginger hard candy drops, or chewy gummy candies are amazing. You can usually buy them in baby stores in the mommy care section or specialty stores with holistic vitamins / medicines. I believe I've also seen them in the form of lollipops too. They're great to pop in your purse and use when needed. And as I've tested today, they work for nauseousness in general, not just during pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment