Monday, May 7, 2012

My Current Top 3 Baby Savers!!

So with 9 months past there's so much to catch up on, but I feel like I have to start with my current 3 best buys for my little punkin. I've made suggestions to friends and family after trying each of them out, and I have to say, it's been an all around 'love it' review!

No specific categories... I'm just going to call it my 'baby savers!' for functionatlity, amount of usage, convenience, and price. And I promise you, these 3 are not my only ones, or my last ones.

1) The Baby Beaba Baby Food Maker
     http://www.beabausa.com/product-babycook.php
  • This thing is pricey, I will first admit to. $100 to $150 depending on whether you get a green or purple model. And this doesn't include the load of accessories you can get like rice steamers, freezer containers, seasoning balls, tablewear, carrying case, etc. HOWEVER... you can make sure you get your moneys worth out and then some. I promise that!
  • I use this for everything, from making fruits and veggies at stage 1, to simple blending at nearly 9 months, on to steaming rice, and making soups for my little monster to eat. This is only for baby though. I have also used it to make smoothies for myself, salsa for my husband and I, and steaming individual portions of veggies for mommy and daddy meal time.
  • VERY easy to clean up. The blade is easy to pop one and off, and it stores so simply into such a small space. (The carrying case is completely worth it for the added money FYI)
  • Depending on your food choice, you can make up to a weeks worth of food at one time.
  • The best part... it's a steamer and processor in one! One mess, and when you have kids, or you're a working mom, you need the easiest method possible at times!
2) Kolcraft 2 - in - 1 Walker
     http://www.kolcraft.com/baby-products/baby-walkers-activity-centers/kolcraft/step-startertm-2-in-1-walker.html
  • This handy little thing is an easy $50, and many times you can catch it on sale at most big name stores for 15 - 20% off. (Babies R' Us is notorious for 20% of walkers every other month!)
  • Overall... The fact that it converts from a walker the baby sits in to a walker the baby pushes makes it $25 a use, which is much better than buying individually, and it has adorable little owls to make it cute!
  • Beyond easy to assemble and fold back down for storage, lights and sounds activity bar to entertain the little one, and the wheels are made of an soft rubber which makes it easy for them to move in, and won't damage any flooring.
  • Why did I choose this? I spent nearly $100 on a jumper for my little one at Christmas time. While she loved it, it wore off kind of fast after a couple of months, and for the price, there isn't much she can do with it now. By all means, if you have one of those bouncing babies that loved the movement the jumper would be great, and I recommend the Animal Krackers Fisher Price Jumparoo, but when you look into money savings, and versatility, not to mention the small space the walker takes up, I would definitely recommend the walker!
3) Manhattan Toys Classic Baby Beads
    http://www.manhattantoy.com/product/296210/210670/_/Classic_Baby_Beads
  • These amazing little wooden balls are the greatest kids toy I have ever found! I came across them when I was getting an Easter Basket at Pottery Barn Kids. (They can be ordered through Manhattan Toys, and many other stores if you search online.) They just looked like something fun and I got them on sale for $10. BEST $10 I'VE EVER SPENT!
  • My daughter is obsessed with these little things. It's just a group of maybe 10 - 12 painted wooden beads on an elastic band. They roll around, shake around, flip and flop. You can slip them on their ankles, wrists, they love it! They make noise, are bright and colorful. I don't know which element it is that attracts kids to these but they love them. Kids will see her playing with them in the mall, or when someones babysitting, and they take them and run to play for themselves. I started giving them out as gifts since they're so popular in my circle.
  • The biggest benefit in my opinion... it's a classic wooden toy. Most kids don't enjoy these types of toys anymore, so when I find out that will still catch their eye, it definitely catches mine!


If you have any great toys, baby gear, accessories, anything you want to share then please send me an email. I'd love to hear what you have or have seen and give it a try! My email is at the bottom of the blog to contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment